Saturday, August 16, 2008
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!! 15 AUGUST...
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
VCH backstage is soo cool!!!! erms... excluding the super steep, super narrow, super small staircase leading up to the dressing room. i knocked my leg against it like thrice, twice on one leg and once on the other. I was, okay lar, quite nervous. dunno how many months of choir practices squashed into one night--one hour!!!
oh, and for the first time, i pretty much put on my own make-up!!!(i'm so proud of myself)--(erms, with rachel lim doing damage control). LOL! Apparently she's the only one who knows how to put on make-up properly. soooo fun!!!! then Meiying(a.k.a.tortim) was complaining like crazy that her eye was painful(dunno why). [sops and altos have different rooms] Christine(the sec1 one) found one of the lockers(which supposed to be locked) open so we hung ou gowns in there(since no space on the hooks in the dressing room).
I didn't expect the audience to be this big either!!!! stretch to the gallery some more leh!!!! ohh... and we were quite amused by how they directed us which dressing room to go(they pasted posters on the wall, the posters were amusing).
And I'm still in HIGHHHHHH spiritss!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm too excited liao
Back to the rehearsal...:
Oh do you know about the pipe organ in VCH???? the people who go up there have to climb this ladder-like thingy just to get up on the narrow ledge to get to the pipe organ... >shudders< I wouldn't like to be up there man... Oh and i nearly fell. Cause at the other end of the stage, the exit is down a super narrow, super steep, super small staircase and through a door that is sunken in! So when you look at it, the door seems to be level with you and you don't even see the staircase going down, therefore, i nearly fell through the hole(of the staircase).
Back to performance...:
I think we did well!!!!! Too bad to people who refused to come!!!! You should have seen us dance! (erms... of course? the theme was "dance") It was utter chaos through the intermission and TJC Choir's item cos we were frantically changing into ABBA costume. Let's see... make-up darker, ABBA costume, hair must be 70's kind...(i tied two high ponytails). YupYup.
Oh, and TJC's item was rather cute!! they did a medley of songs from Grease(the movie, of course). but we didnt get to see it in performance (apparently the Jies were laughing like crazy about one of them). then when their item was over then they went back to their dressing room(two--one for gals, one for guys), one girl was like,"I want to see their Ah Ba(meant to say ABBA)!!!" and i was laughing like crazy(or rather, trying not to laugh).
And after the concert was over (nearly over), I had to go give present to the conductor. sheesh, must have looked weird(one tall, one short).
OH AND I SAW ABBY NYAM IN THE FIRST ROW, laughing, i might add, during the ABBA performance(with choreography). She was wearing a sleeveless, vertically striped, blue and white dress. yeeks!!! she looked weird!!!!
The aftermath:
when we got backstage, everyone started screaming their lungs out. probably because this concert was a GREAT one!!!!!!! oh, and sec4s gave out roses to everyone!!!!!
-------------------------------------
OMG!!!!!!! THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!! so far...
GO MG CHOIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eternal-flame blogged at 9:51 AM