Friday, April 2, 2010
so I went for the good friday 8.30 service today, then after service went with church people to serene centre macs, where the guys were goofing off, and adelle and li anne were watching me and dom do homework. ah but i'm pretty happy. managed to finish a few worksheets.
and then I left to go cine to meet up with siow ching, cintia and amanda to watch How to Train Your Dragon. the movie's not bad, but the whole theatre was filled with little kids. lol it's a kids movie though. amanda kept laughing. xDDD. and we went to take neoprints, once before the movie with siowching, and then another time after the movie. xDDD. hey I'm still a girl! I get license to be feminine okay, whatever I might say. (which means that I'd probably wear a skirt to esplanade tmr to see The Tempest)
ok I think my music's getting a bit screwed. I havent finished composing my piece, havent finished doing the MEP project, I totally forgot what the neilsen symphony no.5 sounds like, and I have ms tsien's 2 part writing to do. ohoh not to mention I have 3 chinese comprehensions to do by monday, probably. darn it. but at least I finished the math and part of bio.
hmm, I wonder why every time theres a holiday, even if it's just one day more, the teachers pile on homework that's worth a week or a month-long of holidays. so they cram it into one extra day. must be some psychological thing, that equates
"one day extra = one week/month of holiday = must give the students more homework since they have 'extra time' "
time is not so extra now. it's just the same ol' regular 24 hours that everyone has, put in different uses. so I guess to some people, "since tmr I dont have to teach, better set the students homework to keep them busy". Ever wonder what kind of student, when given a choice, would still be waking up at 6am in the holidays, even with permission to sleep in? by the time you know it, half the morning is gone to sleep, meaning that half the morning that could have been spent in a classroom half-asleep has just been totally spent. not much time left to do homework is there? not to mention that I read somewhere that it takes an average person 2 hours to get fully awake. would you be in any mood to complete homework unless you're a totally self-disciplined mugger who spends her days glued to the study desk and eyes glued to pages of notes.
but then again, you cant have too much of play either. keep skipping on homework and turning the class upside down, and soon you'll have like, a hundred demerit points and a black mark to your name, and believe it or not, your whole life's just gone down the road. not a very pretty sight one your resume.
so I say, like many other people would, that a person should have a balance. dont let studies suck the joys out of life, but dont let enjoyment addle your brains either. theres a time to be serious, a time to let go. there's a time to focus, there's a time to go entirely crazy and high. with one, you must have the other.
but then again, I just missed the point of my whole blog post. the topic has changed, from questioning the balance between sleep, homework and holidays, to the balance between studies and play. choose your topic, whatever you make of either one.
sometimes I think I have to think through what I say before putting it on. cause they usually dont make sense in the end.
eternal-flame blogged at 10:26 PM