Thursday, May 20, 2010
lava's simmering near the surface. wonder how long it'll last.
ok so progress reports are out. I didnt get as many A1s as I did in last term, but at least I passed everything, and I'm pretty happy with some of my results, not to mention chinese, where I went from D7 to B3. on the other hand, my amath went from A1 to C6. I have no idea why. whatever the result, I still thank God for them, it's a general improvement, and the chinese was really unexpected.
----
so on a different topic, this goes out to someone who probably wouldnt read this, but I want to type it anyways. may seem pretty obvious. to everyone who reads this, I mean no offense to anyone, so dont be offended or anything.
I wonder what happened to the girl I was talking to at the guardhouse couple of years back, I wonder what happened to the girl I was talking to during recess in the classroom. I really really dont understand it. In class, you're this loud annoying voice lurking at the back of the class, blasting out your stories for everyone to hear, even if they're not interested. but that day when I talked to you during recess, I was pretty much speechless. You were so much nicer, it was a complete 180 degrees turnaround than your irritating alter ego during class. and now, when you're just annoying the crap out of me, and I'm asking you, where's that person that I talked to during that recess? you better bring that person back, because I dont like the one that's standing in front of me saying that you "heck care" everything. mannn, I dont even know what to think. the person whom everyone's teasing like crap, that's not you. you said that this phenomenon occurred because "I work better when I'm alone. I guess that I've been alone so long that I'm only like this when everyone else leaves the class." or something to that extent. that's the person behind the annoying one on the front. sure, people have different qualities, some work better in groups, some work better alone, but you've got to learn to work with both. I remember saying to you couple of years back "you know, you've changed for the better since primary school." and now that you're in my class, I'm not so sure of that statement. It was a surprise, and not a pleasant one. you cant "heck care" everything in this world, consider the rest of us, who just feel like banging heads on the wall in exasperation, wishing for you to stop rephrasing and repeating every fragment of whatever question you happen to be asking, if it's even a question at all. then there's the frustration of the stuttering. I acknowledge that everyone stutters, but you definitely do twice the amount of stuttering as everyone else, and who knows, you might be passing on the other people the "stuttering influence". what I reckon is that your tongue goes faster than your thoughts. and maybe your voice is just naturally loud, I dont know, but I so agree with "she is able to express her opinions easily". I'm not doing this to criticise you, but to just let you know what you're doing to some people, not just me. you hardly seem aware that it's driving people up the wall, and you always brush it aside when we try to tell you, bringing out your "heck care" motto. dontdontdontdontdont just brush it aside. we've been mulling over this for quite some time, waiting to see how long we'd hold out. but since you dont respond to verbal tactful communication, I'm settling for this to let it out.
once again, I'm not going to stand for this for another one and a half years to come. you're a nice person in your own way, but that person is hidden behind that bigger image of you shouting out repeated stuttered questions from the back of the class.
-----
in any case, this post just destroyed my mood for the day.
eternal-flame blogged at 7:56 PM