Artiste

Christie.
Acjc Choir. Sop2.
Acjc 1SA6'12. 2SA6'13
MGS 1H'08. 2D'09. 3M'10. 4M'11.
Avid bookworm. Movie Junkie. Music Searcher. Unmaterialised Song Mixer.

Vocal Chords




Scene Transitions

Abby Nyam
Alene
Alicia
Carmen Ko
Charmaine
Christine Lee
Cher
Christelle
Claire
Claire's sweden blog
Cheryl Ee #1
Cheryl Ee #2
Daniel
Danielle(not from mgs)
Elaine
Elizabeth
Faith
Gillian Peck Senior
Gladys Yeo Jr.
Jing Yun
Joni
Joel Lee
Kara
Kezia
Kenny
Kimberly Tan
Kimberly Tay
Li Anne
LiTing
Louis
Megan
Michelle
Nicole Chee
Sarah Loo
Siow Ching
Siyue
Stella
Tiffany Soh
Ting Yan
WanXin
Weeli
WenYang
YannTing

1H class blog
2D class blog
MgChoir
HorribleClick blog



Journey

Behind the Scenes

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, May 27, 2010
OBS!


I'M BACK FROM OBS.
it wasnt as bad as I expected, wasnt as good as I expected either.

day 1 was mostly admin stuff,
we were in camp 2,
group: Da Gama
in the afternoon did belaying practice, and then in the evening, cooked our own dinner. the rice turned out damn good, although could still taste the solid fuel and metallic stuff. haha. then ate with peanuts, corn, mushrooms, tomato sardines etc.

day2 was super tiring
started out the day with the A-shaped climbing wall thing near the stores. quite happy! managed to get to the 2nd platform on the natural rock one, and managed to get to the highest ledge for the brick wall one without the roof.
then in the afternoon, we started on the sea expedition. was in a triyak with stella(middle) and qing wan(front) so I was in the back, in charge of the rudder thing.
hehh.
we kayaked to another campsite, which was notorious for sandflies, so we all were quite afraid for sandflies, slapped on a lot of insect repellent, but the sandflies bit us anyway. so now I have this wonderful constellation on my arm of sandfly bites. that night was the worst night, couldnt bathe, no showers, so we had powder baths, though having dinner in the dark was quite fun, and then couldnt sleep because the ground was covered with stones, and even groundsheets couldnt cushion the ground, and we had to get up at 4-4.20am to patrol the campsite, plus it was the stuffiest and hottest night of my life, was sweating like crazy.
then after that went back to sleep, and had to wake up at 5am, to unpitch tent, pack up everything and transport stuff to the safety boat.
then we left the place at 7.30am to start triyaking around pulau ubin to get back to the camp2.
that was super tiring. at first it was quite okay, until started to get tired, and then feeling like you just want to stop paddling but the thing is, if you stop, then you get pushed back by the tide, wasting all your effort.
we had lunch at sea, and everyone was so relieved to be sorta holding on to each triyak and with one triyak tied to the safety boat, which incidentally was also drifting.
then while we were kayaking, the instructors started playing random songs from I think one of their phones or something. some of us were paddling to the beat of the music, which included glee's "dont stop believing".
almost at the end, rounding pulau ubin, for some reason I started zoning out just when the most energy and concentration was needed to overcome the choppy waves. then I fell asleep for a moment, and now I feel quite bad for leaving qing wan and stella to paddle, esp when qing wan was and is sunburnt crazily and was a bit seasick.
I was waging a mental war like "ok christie you've got to keep paddling. just a bit more!" and "augh I'm really tired. just go sleep for a moment" I still nodded off for a bit. of course the rest got license to get back at me later.
anyway, we were the first sea expedition people to get back to camp2, reached at about 3.30pm. so that makes it 8hrs at sea. everyone just wanted to go shower, and it was super shiok. and there was a spider in the cubicle.
-.-
and then we pitched our tents by the seaside, with the door facing the sea. so that night when we went to sleep, the view was super awesome. and that was the best night, it was super windy and cooling.
so today, woke up late at 6.10am. we were supposed to meet at 6.30, so asked for extension. then the rest of the day was basically packing up stuff, cleaning out the store, hanging up the tents and stuff.
and I so happened to take back a lot of the food. xDDD
but it's awesome.
thanks stella for the happy food! xDDD

crap now I feel like sleeping. but it's only 7.30pm!

on a side note, here's an aftereffect of being at sea for 8 hrs. now I'm feeling like the ground's moving, like waves. and everything's going up and down, as though I'm still on the kayak.
oh and not to mention that now I have a breakout of rashes. but at least I didnt get sunburnt. xPP.


eternal-flame blogged at 6:13 PM