Friday, July 9, 2010
breakdown - chris daughtry
Trust is a funny thing.
it takes days, weeks, months, years to build up, and yet can be demolished within a minute.
then again, I was just thinking, lets say you want to help someone, and someone else comes along and in the best interests of helping that someone, destroying that someone's friendship with you.
I could be wrong, no doubt, but that's just my first impression. bringing down another's friendship so that you can be closer friends.
I could be wrong.
that may not have been your intention, but that's how I'm seeing it right now. you say "if someone goes against me, I will go against you all the way, go all the way to bring you down" I forgot that.
what kind of friend would that be?
it's a childish grudge.
you said it yourself, you've been holding it against me "since the start of the year"
and that's a direct quote.
fine, I apologise for shouting at you across the corridor, across the class.
that's no reason to take it all the way, at the expense of other people. you could have gotten back at me at something else, but it just had to be this one incident, did it? bet that you never stopped to consider how it affects other people.
shouting across open areas, that only affects you, because everyone's going to forget about that sooner or later.
but this, this has a bigger impact.
and you've got no idea.
behind the scenes of anyone's life, there's always something. no one's life is such an open book that nothing is kept secret.
it's almost like at that moment in time, there's only one thing crossing your mind. to get revenge in any way possible. so long it hurts people.
I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to get back at you.
dont think that I'm going to be "stealing" your friends, cause I'm not. it's just mutual conversation, what's wrong with that? if a normal conversation with them is going to have me "stealing" their friendship away from you, then I might as well sew my mouth shut. duct tape it. talking to them is not going ruin your friendship with them. going recess with them is not going to affect anything.
so can you just CHILL, dammit. it's not like they're exclusive to you only either.
and if shouting is going to be considered as "crossing the line", there'll be no more voices in the world either.
quit using hate on everything. every time, it's I hate this, I hate that. so when are you going to stop the hating. it's like you're hating life. will you overcome this psychological thing and just see that life's full of wonderful stuff. just overlook all the bad stuff and take it in your stride. you've got so much to offer the world. people may be against you, but it's not like you can please everyone either.
so I'm just going to let this go. hopefully.
but I'm just saying,
it's taken me a long time to get to trust people.
and it's going to take a longer time now that the bridge ropes got severed.
eternal-flame blogged at 9:47 PM