Artiste

Christie.
Acjc Choir. Sop2.
Acjc 1SA6'12. 2SA6'13
MGS 1H'08. 2D'09. 3M'10. 4M'11.
Avid bookworm. Movie Junkie. Music Searcher. Unmaterialised Song Mixer.

Vocal Chords




Scene Transitions

Abby Nyam
Alene
Alicia
Carmen Ko
Charmaine
Christine Lee
Cher
Christelle
Claire
Claire's sweden blog
Cheryl Ee #1
Cheryl Ee #2
Daniel
Danielle(not from mgs)
Elaine
Elizabeth
Faith
Gillian Peck Senior
Gladys Yeo Jr.
Jing Yun
Joni
Joel Lee
Kara
Kezia
Kenny
Kimberly Tan
Kimberly Tay
Li Anne
LiTing
Louis
Megan
Michelle
Nicole Chee
Sarah Loo
Siow Ching
Siyue
Stella
Tiffany Soh
Ting Yan
WanXin
Weeli
WenYang
YannTing

1H class blog
2D class blog
MgChoir
HorribleClick blog



Journey

Behind the Scenes

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Tuesday, December 7, 2010
butterflies - stereos


oh mann i havent updated in what, a month?
let's go back to where I left off.

so 14-23 nov, I was in taiwan for school ROCs trip.
let's recall some crazy moments.
I couldnt stop laughing on the plane ride there, cause airplane in-flight entertainment included two episodes of the big bang theory. utter hilariousness. ahahaha and fellow people in the group were staring at me. haha must've been a weird sight.
anyway, so second day and third day was mostly spent at wesley girls' high school. their school is soooo big. the dance studio is hugeee, and every class is 50mins, and 10mins for moving to their next class. so bonded cause it's a boarding school. my buddy's awesome too! she's in the debate team, or so i found out on the second day. thanks sunny!
and btw, almost every night we were at night market! and this trip round, I resolved not to be so stingy, and not so selfish.
so over the next few days, went sightseeing in taiwan. see museums, taipei 101, yangmingshan etc.
then took high speed rail from taipei all the way down to kaohsiung, and we were hit by a heat wall on getting out of the station, cause kaohsiung is almost 10degreescelsius hotter than taipei.
sightseeing a bit in kaohsiung over a few days, along with a whole lotta preparation for service learning stuff.
and baorong will be affectionately known as _____ after her admirer.
xDDD.
but apart from getting high on toilet bowls on one of the last days there, (btw the toilet is damn cool) I really enjoyed all the activities. and had a lot of fun.

so that was my taiwan trip, lets move to CHURCH CAMP.
1-4 dec. theme: Love. more specifically? God's love.
and full of epic moments.
did I mention how much I dont like the game "honey if you love me will you please please smile?"
anyway that's not the point.
so on the first day, I got mimosa thorns/hooks stuck in my foot, because we were having station games on some wild random field of grass.
second day had theme talk and workshop plus night games.
3rd day was the major one.
first got some amazing race thing around singapore. hahaha my group awesomely didnt care about completing all the stations, so first station at vivo (taking pictures of specifically dressed people and random decor) then we slacked off at burger king for lunch. we only left cause we awesome 4-girls-against-7-guys called the shots. xDDD. then went to bugis for next station. and I thought guys are supposed to have more stamina than girls, but we females were the ones running around looking for the pictures. xPPP. and incidentally, lynette and steph spotted most of the pictures.

that night during worship, it just hit me, how much God has been in my life, no matter how I've been drifting away. that He was always there for me, even when I wasnt. there's one clear thing that demostrates this, and that's the issue of my whacking people. put it this way, in sec1, I was whacking up people left right and center, and pretty much didnt give a damn about who I hurt and whether they deserved it. sec2 came, and God gave me a new ring of friends who put in their best efforts to stop me whacking. and I actually tried to stop. now sec3, and it's getting easier and easier to refrain from whacking people. I dont even feel the urge to randomly see people in pain because of me. compare me now to my sec1 self, and it's a world of a difference. I'm not saying it's easy to stop, cause it really wasnt, and even this year I've met people I'd like to punch in the face, but it's getting easier. and it's a process I'm not likely to forget anytime soon. because it shows that even when I wasnt exactly treating people that well, God's love shines through, and I know that He's forgiven me for every person that I've whacked, and I wanna apologise to every person that I've whacked, too. whether innocent or truly deserving of that whacking, I'm sorry. cause I really shouldnt have even reacted. and that last night of church camp, coming to this realisation, how much God really cares, and He's helping you every step of the way, even when it seems impossible to stop whacking, He made a way, and nothing is impossible for Him. thank you God.

------

and on another note, I watched tangled ytd! awesome movie. and very hilarious. the chameleon is damn cute.
and hopefully I'll go watch chronicles of narnia: voyage of the dawn treader this week too before I fly off to beijing for family holiday. xDDDD.


eternal-flame blogged at 12:37 PM