Artiste

Christie.
Acjc Choir. Sop2.
Acjc 1SA6'12. 2SA6'13
MGS 1H'08. 2D'09. 3M'10. 4M'11.
Avid bookworm. Movie Junkie. Music Searcher. Unmaterialised Song Mixer.

Vocal Chords




Scene Transitions

Abby Nyam
Alene
Alicia
Carmen Ko
Charmaine
Christine Lee
Cher
Christelle
Claire
Claire's sweden blog
Cheryl Ee #1
Cheryl Ee #2
Daniel
Danielle(not from mgs)
Elaine
Elizabeth
Faith
Gillian Peck Senior
Gladys Yeo Jr.
Jing Yun
Joni
Joel Lee
Kara
Kezia
Kenny
Kimberly Tan
Kimberly Tay
Li Anne
LiTing
Louis
Megan
Michelle
Nicole Chee
Sarah Loo
Siow Ching
Siyue
Stella
Tiffany Soh
Ting Yan
WanXin
Weeli
WenYang
YannTing

1H class blog
2D class blog
MgChoir
HorribleClick blog



Journey

Behind the Scenes

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, December 23, 2010
something I already know - backstreet boys


so I've just come back from family beijing trip couple of days back, from 11-18 dec.
beijing was freezing, haha and generally if the temperature is above zero degrees celsius, I celebrate.
just got colder by the day, every day is colder than the previous day, but after awhile, you get used to it, and suddenly it doesnt feel as cold as it is. of course, theres also the uncomfortable feeling when your toes go all numb and painful.
chengde was supposed to be the coldest day of the trip, but surprisingly when we went there, the temperature was above zero, which is one of the warmest days of the trip. so my 7 layers on top and 4 layers below were totally unnecessary, and so was the laughter from my two sisters at the end of the day in the hotel room.

so apart from the cold, china truly has both its pros and cons.
to visit the forbidden city, summer palaces, climb the great wall, it's really quite amazing, how people lived eons ago.
oh and I got to walk on a frozen lake!
painful when you fall down, esp on your knees. owch.
saw people iceskating on a frozen canal.
no snow, though.
oh and it just so happened that we went to a ski resort place on my birthday! so I consider it as my birthday present though it was a coincidence. xDDD.
didnt ski though, went sledding on those rubber tyres. even so, had a lot of laughs.
>inside joke<

-----

anyway, on another note, my english has deteriorated so fast, that even my blog posts dont make sense, or rather, doesnt flow, isnt fluent, baffles me, take your pick.
even when I write compos, it doesnt make any sense.

ok that was totally irrelevant.
dammit.
i'm not making sense again.
I NEEDA MAKE SENSE.

--------

so this week, I need to chiong my homework.
quite obviously failing.
procrastinator.
slacker.
GET BACK TO WORK.
not working.
not working at all.

------

and I seem to be going on some oldies high.
quote drumline
"I'm gonna take you back, back BACK in time."
yep, back when the music's so much better.
songs had meaning.
it wasnt all about one-night stands and getting drunk, it wasnt about parties, love was more than crushes or looks, definitely not about wooing someone in a bowling alley, or people wanting something just because they want it.
instrumentals didnt need digital backup, because piano intros and guitar intros were enough. people trained to be in tune.
but now, it's all about digital effects. when people go out of tune, theres probably a software that allows them to sound like they're in pitch.
sure, performing isnt all that easy, and I'm sure that today's recording artistes also have their own problems, because, after all, it's just another occupation, but one that receives a lot of media coverage, and it's one of the jobs that people are generally more interested in. and they thrive on this fanbase.
and about those teenage stars, people like selena gomez and demi lovato and justin bieber, to my mind, they're just the same as everyone else, except that their working life starts wayy earlier than any of us, and they have more responsibilities than any of us the same age, because one move, and the whole world knows. one move, and their career could come crashing down.
it's a risky business.
not all glitz and glamour, either.
cause it's their job to look good, and attract people to them.
and sometimes, when society expects too much of them, esp at the teenage age, they'd break down like any other kid, and have to go into rehab or sth.
I'm not saying this happens to every single teenage star, but I'm just saying that they're human beings too, and theres nothing to be jealous about.
so even I think that music 10 years ago was so much better, I think we should give today's artistes at least some credit for trying, in a world that's getting increasingly screwed-up.


eternal-flame blogged at 2:29 PM