Artiste

Christie.
Acjc Choir. Sop2.
Acjc 1SA6'12. 2SA6'13
MGS 1H'08. 2D'09. 3M'10. 4M'11.
Avid bookworm. Movie Junkie. Music Searcher. Unmaterialised Song Mixer.

Vocal Chords




Scene Transitions

Abby Nyam
Alene
Alicia
Carmen Ko
Charmaine
Christine Lee
Cher
Christelle
Claire
Claire's sweden blog
Cheryl Ee #1
Cheryl Ee #2
Daniel
Danielle(not from mgs)
Elaine
Elizabeth
Faith
Gillian Peck Senior
Gladys Yeo Jr.
Jing Yun
Joni
Joel Lee
Kara
Kezia
Kenny
Kimberly Tan
Kimberly Tay
Li Anne
LiTing
Louis
Megan
Michelle
Nicole Chee
Sarah Loo
Siow Ching
Siyue
Stella
Tiffany Soh
Ting Yan
WanXin
Weeli
WenYang
YannTing

1H class blog
2D class blog
MgChoir
HorribleClick blog



Journey

Behind the Scenes

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Monday, August 29, 2011
hot air balloon - owl city


my calm assessment of my prelim results: not good, not great, not that bad, not that good, not so ideal, not-quite-studied-for.

Anyway, just gives me an idea of how much harder I have to work, I guess. mostly it's been a fluke if I do well, for the past examinations. I just never felt the need to try so hard for something that's made up of a few sheets of A4 paper and black ink.
What a queer thought, that paper and ink could have such a profound effect of peoples' lives.
The way the ink falls on thinned-out-tree-bark, in those printed lines, it can make people cry or rejoice. Guess it's all a matter of perspective. 'Cause those black shapes can set in motion a whole chain of events that never stop till you die. Those black shapes can get you a job as a lawyer, or a doctor, or an IT personnel etc. Under the most strenuous circumstances, they can even make people commit suicide, or make people strive so hard the next time round that they shoot to the very top of the social or financial ladder. Think about it, that dried black liquid can make or break peoples' careers. It's a huge responsibility piled onto that dark dye that stains the white page. You work so hard for a laminated sheet of paper with black ink on it. In the end, either way, it's just like every other laminated sheet of paper. it can be destroyed in, what, 5 seconds, depending on how fast it'll burn. or torn apart. or buried in the ground and forgotten.
But I shouldnt belittle it.
cause soon I'll be feeling the effects of it, as well.
Inevitably.

------------

yeah I should probably go sleep now.
in preparation for that final sprint till november.


eternal-flame blogged at 9:15 PM