Wow. just, wow. I type this every single time I make a blog post, but seriously, this is the longest blog hiatus ever, I think.
How can I ever squeeze what's happened in the last few months in a single blog post?
I have a lot to be thankful for,
a lot to be worried about,
a lot to be happy for,
a lot to beat myself up for,
a lot to restrain myself from.
gee, that's a lot of 'a lot's.
but hey, that's life.
I have God to be thankful for, because of His amazing power, I entered ACJC with 3 points nett, 7 points raw. That was a shock. I couldn't believe it, and 5mins after I got the results I was still staring at the results slip looking for the line that says "L1R5:___" and then realising I had to count it myself. and subsequent minutes was spent gazing beyond the hall ceiling thanking God like crazy.
For a bonus, I did get a gorgeous blue squier electric guitar and fender amp. but that's for everyone in the family to share too. Though it does get a spot at my bedside. Of course, there's also the spin-off series that kind of leads off to the fact that my mom just took up electric guitar lessons.
-------
Let me start JC life by saying that after being in a girls' school for 10years, being in a co-ed school is a pretty huge difference. You suddenly realise how innocent a life you led up to this moment, about the things that you missed out. But hey, everyone's got a different experience, and I love my MG one, the one where you could anyhow sit, change in class, mess with people who are roughly the same size as you(ok not so applicable in my case, but comparatively better), walk 50metres to the canteen, where 4 floors is the limit, where the concourse has damn good acoustics, the library had a better range of fantasy books, and where you knew the place like the back of your hand, in general.
Orientation started, and I was steeling myself. Not gonna expect anything, just be nice, start over again. Smile, dont retaliate, be prepared for anything that comes your way. Intro lectures were pretty boring, sat for a lot of talks, etc. and then mass dance and couple dance followed. ok I was expecting mass dance, but not couple dance. partnered some skinny cat high guy (who, incidentally, is taller than he looks) (and whom I arm-wrestled with debatable consequences). Got into a random argument with an SJI guy, something about music, and the scandal was born. voila, sheesh. 4 years of church guys being scared of me, 2 weeks into JC and I have a scandal.
such bright shining genius.
worse thing was that it continued for the next 2-3 weeks. I was wondering when it was ever going to get old and get dropped. but apparently not. anyway, I'm happy it's solved and it's over. I hope. oh but there's a new scandal in my OG, seems to me like my OG's only alive when shit-stirring. pretty glad it's not me.
--------
School's started, for real, and my class has a serious gender imbalance. 7 girls to 19 guys, seriously are you kidding me!??!?!?!?! I can't deny it's been entertaining, because it's amazing the kind of random things that guys can come up with that you'd never hear from in a girls' school. And of course there's the fact that I will probably either have very strong neck muscles or a constant neck cramp at the end of 2 years. seriously, why do guys have to be so freaking tall? I suppose I'll have to steel myself for a barrage of height-related jokes in the coming years, and prevent myself from retaliating via whacking. I've already broken my resolution of not whacking people, I dont want to break it again.
if you ask for details, here's what I would tell you:
some idiot(oh darn I said I wouldnt call anyone idiot or retard anymore) made fun of my height and I whacked him on the shoulder. He spent the next 3 hours cradling his arm and looking in pain. Other guys come up to me and tell me that "omg you know how hard you hit him, he went to the toilet to puke and to cry" and "he can't go for dance practice this afternoon, and btw, the dance captain wants to see you". Such a conspiracy. The worse part is that they were so convincing that the people who werent a part of the conspiracy fell for it too, but the joke was on me.
=.=
Jokers.
and after I found out I got tricked, I whacked him again, and it was pretty welcoming to hear the sound reverberate around the chem lab. and then I whacked every single guy who was involved.
Not funny.
Anyway, it was a queer regret that I partially felt sorry and partially didnt. The most appropriate thing to do would be to completely erase it from memory, and preferably from history, although the latter is impossible, and ignoring something doesnt mean it's not there.
But what can I say, I will make sure that I wont give people a chance to trick me like this again, not even for fun. In case you didn't know, I dont take tricks very well. Geniuses. Other people would brush it off, and I would try and brush it off and hope it succeeds and it becomes an incident of nonchalance.
I hope.
kinda sucks when you're in the middle of it.
kinda sucks when you can't control it.
kinda sucks when you're trying to curb it, but what happens in the moment is so unpredictable, even for yourself.
I won't whack anyone anymore (I hope.)
on the bright side, I just discovered 3 different sets of twins. one pair of guy twins, one pair of girl twins, and a pair of guy-girl twins!!! cooooool!!!!!!
eternal-flame blogged at 8:40 PM