Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Song 2 You - Leon Thomas III ft. Victoria Justice
How do I ever cram what's been happening in the past few months into one blog post?
I'm going to try anyway.
it's been crazy eventful. beyond whatever I've experienced in my whole life. no kidding.
Choir tour to Krakow and Vienna was amazing. Singing every day, experiencing the circle effect, performing in an international choral competition. scenery, beautiful, something you dont get to see in Singapore is the undulating hills and miles and miles of continuous greenery that never seem to end. The houses are so quaint, and the designs of the houses make them seem like they just popped out of a storybook.
Auschwitz was a different story. It was sobering, and it's really awful what humans can do to other humans. The cavern of hair and the display with all the luggages was the creepiest. next in line was the room with all the shoes. and the pictures. Humanity at its worst. But it's still happening today in other countries, no matter how developed the world is now, there are always going to be people who are suffering terribly. The fact still remains that concentration camps still exist in the world. We just never hear of them. And that's the worst part.
----------------
You think that these things might happen in primary school, secondary school, but you never think it would happen in JC. All these immature actions and extra words, no matter how small, does its job in breaking down your psyche one line, one action at a time. Honestly, if you dont like me, have the guts to say it to my face. Dont just hide behind other people who follow you like a herd of sheep and influence them to do the same. If isolating me is giving you some sort of boost to your self-esteem, and you need to bring people down in order to feel good, I'm sorry to have to say, in the long run, no one's going to like you. All these extra comments, tagged on to the ends of ordinary lines of conversation, serves no purpose but to try and eke out a reaction from me. I'm happy to say, it's not working on me. Don't waste your energy trying to bring me down, because I can't be bothered anymore. I have awesome friends outside. I have Jesus with me all the time. What more could I need?
I am thankful to God, for giving me a new perspective on the people around me, letting me see the positive side of people. I am a new creation. I am not afraid of you.
That being said, the number of superficial people in the world has reached an all time high. come on dudes, dont expect every female to be a supermodel when you're no chiobu yourself. What makes you think a girl's going for a serious relationship with you if all you care about are her looks and how high she rates from 1-10? unless the girl's a player herself. then good luck to you both.
------------
It's been a confusing time, crazy eventful, yet I found what it meant to have true friends, ones who would write their corresponding breaks on your timetable, ones who dont mind you crashing your class during break, ones who would study with you and force you to study also and help you no matter what.
-------------
it's promos in 6 days time. 70% of my grades depend on it. I dont want to retain. I can do this. Just focus now.
eternal-flame blogged at 12:27 AM